Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Some kind of fairytale...

I booked the wedding venue last week... it's a gorgeous university gardens place, we'll be outdoors by a lake (we booked the auditorium just in case it rains)... the ceremony will be simple, immediate family only, one of Alan's friends will be the officiant, it'll be simple and non-religious, because we aren't. If anything, "secular humanism" describes our school of thought best. Agnosticism is all well and good, but it doesn't say anything about what you are *for.* I'm about the goodness of human beings, and making life better for other humans, "afterlife" be damned.

The reception will be afterwards at his parents' farm, just extended family + wedding folks. It'll be a barbecue, grill-out thing.

My dress came two weeks ago!! I need to find shoes and then I need to get it hemmed, but it's gorgeous! Very clean and simple... I could wear it again if I wanted to!

I need to go to Michael's and get the flowers-- reds, lots of reds. Since we don't have bridesmaids or groomsmen, the flowers will be simple. I'll do them myself! I should also think about favors.

We need to order our rings... he wants a titanium ring, specifically a style called "bumblebee" because it's symbolic of my name... he's so adorable! And I'll get a small 2mm titanium one, since the engagement ring is 4 mm already.

His mom is going to go with me to get my dress fitted-- I love her so much! She's like a genuine mom to me, and I think she's great! She will be very helpful in 5 years when the kidlets come along... until then, she's just so sweet and nice-- not the kind of MIL you have to fight with, methinks. And Alan says she loves me too, so we're all good.

I'm also actively looking for another job-- the premise of my current job is awesome, but my sup is making it increasingly difficult to enjoy myself. **sighs** Oh well.

The wedding is rolling along! I can't wait, but honestly it feels like we're already married and have been for quite some time... when you fit together as well as we do, it's hard to feel scared about the future. We can talk through anything, and we both genuinely care about each other and show it regularly.

Life rocks!

No comments: