Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Unsolicited memory

So I realize now that there were a few things that were really fucked up about the ex. The one I remembered this morning was the time when I was requested to wake him up, because he was really not good at waking up, because he had an exam or some studying to do in the morning, and I suggested that if he didn't wake up easily, I'd sprinkle cold water on him. He said he'd break up with me if I did so. And he was seriously not kidding. Talk about control and manipulation to the nth degree.

We kind of got in a fight about that, because that's no reason to break up with someone. If you truly love someone, it takes a lot more than water to make you want to break up with them. And even if you're averse to have water thrown on you, you're supposed to say something like, "I appreciate your committment to waking me up, but I don't think I'd like that very much, please don't do that." You don't just say you'd break up with a person because of water. That's like saying "if things don't go exactly the way I want, this is over..." there's give and take. It has to go BOTH people's way, not just one person's way all the damn time.

I was pissed, because what the hell was I supposed to do? If one is to expect their significant other to break it off for some COLD WATER in an attempt to wake their sorry ass up, what the hell can a person count on? Should I expect to get broken up with because I wasn't able to wake them up? Seriously.

I suppose it's a matter of incompatibilty and differing levels of maturity.

Thank god that's all over now.

No comments: