Monday, July 28, 2008

Healing

So I just bought the new Alanis album.

I love it.

And, you'll be glad to know that the songs that used to make me cry don't have that effect any longer. The past is staying in the past, the heart has finally healed, and a new year is taking up where the one before last scarred me.

I tend to be influenced by the year prior. Without fail, the past year will remind me what happened on that date and I am usually doomed to repeat those emotions.

So the multiple breakups and failed engagements that led to the demise of a single failed relationship had been plaguing me-- up til now.

Now the camera has refreshed, NOW the memories are not so fresh. The lessons have been learned and I am letting go with these songs -- enjoy.

I used to feel this way, and I finally can remember without feeling pain.

Madness


Torch


Simple Together


Not As We


And this one still makes me cry if I'm tired enough:

Goodbye My Lover

No comments: